Our mission is to help our clients get the maximum value for their unwanted life insurance policy once we’ve educated them on ways to keep the coverage.
DON'T Sell your life insurance policy... Unless or until you complete a 'CPA' Certified Policy Analysis with our team.
We keep a close eye on the insurance and life settlement markets.
Who We Are
We are a nationally recognized, independent settlement broker – successfully closing transactions since 2008.
Founded by Robert Larsen, TEP - our leadership team has over 65 years of experience in the insurance industry.
What We Do
• As fiduciaries, we represent you NOT the provider - our duty is to negotiate the highest & best purchase offer.
• We conduct a complimentary certified policy analysis to diagnose the viability of the policy as a settlement case.
• We conduct training webinars to keep our advisor clients updated about settlement industry trends.
• We provide a comprehensive 200+ page compliance report at the completion of each transaction.
• An Errors & Omissions policy issued by Lloyds of London is awarded to all advisors who partner with us.
• Our team provides complete “back-office” support to all our advisors, including weekly update reports.
Settlement Masters, a nationally recognized company, has been successfully closing life settlement transactions since 2008.
Through the leadership of our founder and CEO, Robert Larsen CFF, TEP, Settlement Masters is continually expanding its’ reach from coast to coast.
Robert is considered by many to be an icon in the insurance industry due to his high-level of professionalism and 50 years of experience in the business.
Our company is comprised of licensed professionals who take pride in their fiduciary role and reputation of being consumer advocates for seniors. As the seniors “right to know” movement expands throughout the insurance industry, so does our passion for doing the right thing for older policyholders.
Settlement Masters is focused on high-quality customer service and compliance. Our team maintains personal touch points throughout the transaction process, including weekly update reports given to our advisors and clients.
As a result of our comprehensive compliance procedures, we are proud to have been selected by Lloyds of London as one of the most compliant companies in the nation.
With over 65 years of combined experience in the industry, our team has the knowledge and industry relationships to help clients achieve the highest & best life settlement offers.
WHY SELECT US?
We are recognized in the industry for our professionalism and fiduciary methodologies. Transparency and determining the best outcome to meet our clients’ needs is paramount to our success. Here are some examples of unique features offered to our advisor clientele:
• We conduct a complimentary life insurance policy review for advisors & their clients and provide complete back office support during the entire transaction. The advisor is kept well-informed during each step of the process.
• We understand the importance of establishing a strong partnership with the advisor community. Therefore, a non-compete agreement is offered to each advisor we work with as our pledge that Settlement Masters will always respect the client/advisor relationship.
• A comprehensive 200+ page compliance report is delivered to each client & advisor at the close of the transaction. This report is comprised of the economics of keeping the life insurance contract in force versus selling it to the institutional market place. Complete transparency is provided relative to fees & any compensation structure.
• An Errors & Omissions policy issued by Lloyds of London is awarded to all advisors who partner with our company and bring us a valid settlement case.
• We provide on-going training and customized webinars to help keep advisors informed of the life settlement processes, regulations and compliance procedures.
Settlement CPA Team
Our dynamic team is ready to help you make the right decision for YOU!
Check with us before selling your policy anywhere else
President & CEO
Executive VP & Director of Operations
VP Client Development
5000 Birch Street, East Tower Suite 100
Newport Beach, CA
Who are the Settlement Masters
We are focused on helping our clients generate cash for their unwanted life insurance policies.
The genesis of The Settlement MastersTM started in 2005 when KPMG, currently a big-four accounting firm, recommended a business owner client meet with Bob Larsen because KPMG was familiar with the policy rescue analysis we perform.
The business owner was the “key man” of a very successful company and it owned a $30 million insurance policy on his life. The business owner was preparing the company for sale and intended to simply surrender the policy for its current cash value of around $238,000.
Bob stepped in and sought bids from the institutional trusts that acquire policies for investment purposes.
The initial bid Bob received was for $3.5 million which created tremendous surprise to everyone.
By the time Bob finished negotiations with the various bidding funds, the purchase price had risen to $6.5 million.
The client was obviously ecstatic and KPMG received tremendous accolades for taking the initiative to create the introduction.
Bob formally established The Settlement MastersTM in 2008.
Today, because of our reputation and experience, we can go directly to the Institutional Buyers acquiring policies which helps to obtain the maximum settlement value for you, our client.
The Settlement MastersTM team has, collectively, in excess of 80 years of experience in the life insurance world that we make available to each and every client. Trust companies, Attorneys, CPA’s, Insurance Agents and Financial Advisors recommend The Settlement MastersTM to their clients.